Monday, February 16, 2009

Memory Monday


I have had a good week working on these verses. I was thinking a lot about legacy and what we are passing on to our children. I decided to work with Remy to learn verse 5 this week, and I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner. He is such a little sponge, and it pains me to think of the opportunities I've already let slip by. This morning I heard him telling Emily the engine to 'Love God with all your heart, your soul, and your strange because that makes Jesus happy.' I decided that I'm sure Jesus is indeed happy if we love Him with all of our strange- He knows we have a tremendous supply of that around here! Here goes:

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them upon your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Verse 7 is the one that really got to me this week. I am trying to be more intentional with the kids, because they see everything! Remy told me this week that I was 'tressing' him out, and I can only assume that he's heard that from me a time or two. God keeps reminding me that He has called me to be holy in all that I do. My verse for next week is 1 Peter 1:14-16:

As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

I have about three more posts rattling around in this brain of mine, and I hope to do some more blogging this afternoon during nap time. Right now I really need to get this house cleaned up for Trace's parents who are coming to visit today.  I'll be back!


2 comments:

  1. Aww, how precious and funny Remy's comments to Emily the engine!

    The Deuteronomy passage is a sweet reminder about the opportunity we have as parents. I needed this reminder today as my wee ones are both now teens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that God would make me creative as a mother, that he would bring Scripture to mind in dealing with all the situations that come up with my girls, that he would just make me smart about how to do exactly this!

    Joanne

    And love your beautiful picture in the post above this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!