Friday, April 20, 2012

On Being Together


Joining up again with The Gypsy Mama for 5 minute Friday~ the rules are no editing, no over-thinking, no back tracking. Just writing. Today's word is together... Go.

Together.

This is something I've been thinking a lot about. Fearing the our family doesn't spend enough time. I fear that I'm wasting time, spending these days apart. much of our lives are spent in transition... going to and from. So I've been trying to carve out more moments to share. Trying to be intentional about listening and looking into their little eyes and being close.

And I still worry. Giving my anxieties to God because He tells us to. Does it do any good to worry that I'm not doing enough? This thought of together makes my stomach hurt. Praying that He can weave us into a family even on the days when we don't see nearly enough of each other. Or we argue and hurt and it doesn't feel like we're connected. Can we be together and not even know each other?

This is turning kind of sad, and I didn't mean for that. But this is close to my heart these days... each second slips into minutes and hours and then we have less time to be near each other. But proximity doesn't equal together, does it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!