Monday, February 23, 2009



Holiness. Hmmm. I have a long way to go. I must admit here that I let busyness get in my way this week. I'm nowhere near ready with the verse, so I'm taking another week. (I'm the boss here, so I can do that, right?) Though I'm memorizing 1 Peter 1:14-16, I was studying 1:13-2:3. There were several places in that chapter that I really got hung up this week. God has been revealing many of the ways I fall short in the holiness arena.

I was reading 2:1-3 and nursing Halle yesterday morning. I was examining all the things that I crave. Have you ever seen a baby nurse? Even at nearly seven months (!) old, when Halle wants to eat that is all she wants, and nothing will change her mind.  Distractions do no good to a hungry baby. My desire for God and holy things is to be like that- and man, I am way off sometimes. I am so easily distracted sometimes. My plan for this week is to turn the t.v. off and focus on the things God wants me to see in His word.

1 Peter 1:14-16

As obedient children do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy".

I'll have more thoughts later, I'm sure, but for now Halle just woke up from her morning nap, and a hungry baby calls... Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!