Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Project

Today I finished  a bit of sewing. I used a pattern handed down from my mom. It was McCall's from 1974, I think, so I may very well have had this same dress. I love the idea of that! The pockets on the front didn't show up very well, but they have little gathers on the tops. The fabric is a cotton by Mary Engelbreit with cherries. I plan on making a diaper cover once it gets a little warmer, but for now it works well with leggings. I didn't have a pattern for the headband. It was hard to get a good picture of my little model because of her rigorous inspection process. She thought the fabric was just too interesting. This was probably about a three hour project from start to finish, but in toddler time it translates to about 3 1/2 nap times with interruptions and coffee breaks.





3 comments:

  1. What an adorable dress! Is it black or dark blue? The headband looks perfect as well. I love headbands on babies. I tried to make Nora's Halloween costume this year...it was a cape. It took me over an hour to thread the needle. And even then I threaded it wrong! So I am even more impressed with your talents Mandy! You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is black. Thanks for the compliment, but I shouldn't take credit- it was an easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's precious, Mandy! Good job. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!