Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just a thought

Psalm 33:18-22
But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.

We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.

I woke up this morning (at 5:30, thanks, Miss Halle...) with this Psalm in my head. I keep finding myself in Psalms about the unfailing love of God. Last week it was Psalm 52, and today the above. I do declare that he is trying to show me how to love as I navigate my way through these sweet days at home. (Wasn't that very southern-sounding of me?!) Even our verse this week, Romans 5:8, talks of how God demonstrates (present tense, I love that) his own love for us in sending Jesus.  What a great way to start my day!

These are just a few shots of my little early bird,  in the new little sweater I knit for her. It was a surprisingly quick one to knit up from this free pattern using some yarn I had on hand. 

1 comment:

  1. Very encouraging post, Mandy! Thanks! I love the second pic of her - as if she's saying, "like my new sweater?" Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!