Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More summer wardrobe for my girl

Well, for Halle's 8th month-iversary I don't have any more pics of her. Sorry... But I have sewn a few more things.  This little top was inspired by the smocked dress in Heather Ross' book, 'Weekend Sewing'. I am loving that entire book, and I'm sure you'll see more things from it in the near future. I had some gingham on hand, and I used some red toile for the straps. I think it will be great for the fourth of July!
This dress is from this Vogue pattern 8060. It was pretty simple to put together, though I had some bias tape issues. (They were purely my own ignorance and had nothing to do with the pattern...) I would like to make more form this pattern, but next time I will choose something a little softer. The pink overlay is a linen-blend and is a bit stiff. There are matching fuchsia panties. There's no model for these today because they are both a little big, and it's kind of coolhere so I didn't make Halle fuss with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!