Monday, April 20, 2009

Pinned- Memory Monday



1 John 2:6 from memory:

Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Even though technically I chose this verse for the past week, I think it's fair to say that it chose me. As simple as it seemed to begin with I have been wrestling with this one. I have been frustrated because I am constantly questioning and examining the hard truths that Jesus lived out. There is always a part of me wanting more- to be more, do more. To some degree I pray that this kind of wrestling doesn't end... I think the constant seeking to change and be like Him is beneficial, even what God desires of me. But some weeks, like this last one, I just wish I could rest. I walk on ever-present egg shells, tiptoeing around hoping to unearth some revealed answer. To live as Jesus did is so counter to my nature! (Sorry if I'm rambling, does this even make sense?)

I didn't choose a verse for next week, but rather I am going to stick with this one and exploring more of what it means for me to walk as He did. I have been frequently reminded this week that Jesus often moved among the 'least of these'. I am so rich and my desire is that He will teach me how to live sacrificially. To give freely. To worship constantly. That he would help me to choose among a world of 'worthy' causes... to simply show me His way for me. I pray that the God of the poor would show this rich Christian how to be Jesus in this world.



1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAA-men sister! I desperately need his help in finding the same thing. I have so much to offer - talents that he gave me - yet I struggle with what to do with them! I know what I should NOT be wasting them on...yet I still don't have clear direction. Can't he just send us a sign or a burning bush or SOMETHING already? I'll pray for you if you'll return the favor! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!