Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Love

Lots of love today! I am having a shortage of pics of the little people~ the faster they move, the harder it is to catch! (And Trace says that I take more pictures of shoes these days...maybe...) I feel like I've gotten a lot done this week, which is unusual for me to feel that way, so all is good.

Today I'm loving:
~Remy. In his journey of becoming a true Southern boy he has taken to liking the Dukes of Hazzard, which we have on DVD. Trace beams with pride when the first thing out of Rem's mouth each morning is 'Can we please watch General Lee?'. The car is the real draw at this point, but whatever. He thinks now that every one of his toy cars needs their own 'special honk' and spends lots of time running from the cops and jumping over things with his hot wheels. We also found Knight Rider episodes online, and Remy was thrilled with a talking car. Oh, to be a three year old boy~ such a wonder-full age!

~The show Glee. First of all, it totally takes me back to my show choir days (yes, I was that girl!) and in each of the characters I see someone I knew in high school. Secondly, Josh Groban was on it this week, and it was absolutely the funniest thing ever. EVER. Enough gushing, but you really should see it!

~This blog: My funky floral wrap booties are being featured in her 'Finally Friday' post!

~This shop. I am definitely starting to do some mental holiday shopping, and this soap is first on my list... maybe I won't even give it away. It looks so good I want to taste it!

~God's provision. I type today with a joyful and happy heart. This week God opened an unexpected door for us, and it really takes a huge weight off our shoulders. God is so good!

~Thinking and studying God's provision led me to Psalm 16 this week. It begins with David saying "Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.'" I love that David continually accredits God with his fortune, and it is a good reminder for me to do the same.

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
Psalm 16:5-6

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!