Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Weekend!


Today I'm loving:

~easy mornings. The only minor debate this morning between me and Remy was whether or not he should wear a cape to preschool. Frankly, I didn't care either way, and the conflict was more with himself. In the end he decided to leave the cape at home 'so his friends wouldn't want to take it'. What kind of friends is he making?!

~these sweet under the table moments. Remy makes 'a little nest' under their little table and Halle climbs right in. I love the times when they genuinely seem to play together. They have also been eating their lunches at this table, mostly because I can't clear a space big enough on the big table. =) I spent so much time at this table as a child, and I love seeing them here.


~this Lizzy House fabric from A Fabric Outlet on etsy. I love the colors and images and have been drooling over it. I'm dreaming up all sorts of ways I could use it should I buy it. Add it to the wish list!!


~these new shoes in my shop. They are a variation on the black ones I made (and sold!) earlier this week.

~Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

It has felt like a busy week. I had 6 sales, which is wonderful, but I found myself spending my quiet nap time moments sewing more and studying less. God called to me this morning that I needed to just be quiet for a few minutes, and led me to something I had written in the margin of my Bible several years ago. I thought I would share it with you here:

God, how often do I forget to be still! But you love me even then. Give me strength to exalt you, God, because sometimes I lack even that. But I love you. I praise you because in chaos or in stillness you are an Irrepressible God. An Unshakable God. A sweet tender God.
Your word moves me. I fall at your feet because that is all I can do. My heart is full of your love. You fill me up and I am deeply happy. In this quietness I exalt you. My heart of loud praise shatters the silence, and I can nearly hear your laughter. Because you are. And I do know. Is this the thing that in the stillness you reveal? Because my only regret is not being quiet before this moment.

My prayer for all of you today is that you would have a few moments to just be still and listen. God definitely has something to say!

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I love the little eccentricities kids have (like wearing a cape!). When I worked in a bookstore a little kid came in first thing one morning in a full spiderman outfit, fake muscles and all! His mum told me he had slept in it the night before, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so cute when they are this age:)

    T♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, I totally *heart* these cute little shoes you made! I definitely need some for baby girl!!! I am trying to decide what color / type of patterned fabric I would like though. I might go to a cool fabric store I found recently and buy some and send it to you to make me some shoes with. I just love that these look like little Mary Janes. Ooooh, and if I send some extra fabric, maybe you could make me a burp cloth and bib to match too?? I will, of course, be a paying customer! I also plan to send a link to your cute shop to all the prego people I know. Your stuff is the cutest!! I'll be in touch soon! ;) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so cute! Love all the pictures...especially with the old table. But I have to say the look on Halle-lu's face with her little hand in the snack trap is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cracking up with the friends who are potential cape stealers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooooooooooooooooooove those little shoes..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!