Monday, October 5, 2009

Random Monday thoughts

I'm sorry that I have been sort of an irregular blogger for the last week or so. I am feeling more than a bit nervous about my upcoming shows. I came across Proverbs 12:25 this morning. "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." It's true, isn't it? I get so anxious about things to come that I can't even do the things that need to be done for the things to come. It's a crazy cycle that I get in (and it's another thing that makes me sooo much like my mother!). The awesome thing is that God wants to help keep me from freaking out. And I will absolutely let him have my anxiety- I can't get anything done without doing that first! Phillipians 4:6 says 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.' (emphasis mine) I've harped on it before, so I won't go into too much today, but I love the phrase 'with thanksgiving' here. I truly am thankful for the upcoming shows! I am so thankful to have this busy-ness, even though my accompanying craziness might not be so well received by my ever-patient family.

We had lots to do this morning, including a trip to JoAnn's for some supplies. Upon learning of this trip, Remy asked 'Does JoAnn's have a drive thru?' Evidently I spend a little too much time there! He then asked 'Can't we just go to Costco?', and of course we made time for that! I dare you to try to think of a better morning than buying notions and Costco pizza! Plus Trace was home to go with us~ brilliant!

Here are the boys 'wasting' a little time this weekend. It was time well-spent, in my opinion. Notice who's napping... =)

I hope you have a great Monday! I did get a few new things in the shop this weekend, if you want to check them out. I'll try to come back here a little more on schedule, but it'll be quick~ I have sewing to do. Over and out!

2 comments:

  1. You sound so much like me. What a beautiful picture of your husband and child. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your shows! I booked my first show recently but it's not until next March, so I have plenty of time to fret and worry about it :)

    One more thing- Costco pizza= mmmmm

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!