Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Love~ Hope



Hope. The awesome thing that a Christian has... it's sometimes hard to hold on to in dark days, but it's there. Much like God himself, never waivering. Hope. Trace and I have had a rough year. There have been many days when we have felt forgotten and frustrated, wondering if the things we thought we were doing for God were nothing more than things we were doing. Does that make sense? In many moments we looked at each other and to God questioning the choices we had made thinking that we were doing what was in his will and then we'd wait. Doors would close. More waiting. 'Wait' is not a command we like to hear. But even in the darkest of moments we knew, in that place way below the surface of our emotions and feelings, we knew that God's plans for us are good. He promised us they were.

Hope.

Today not much has changed. We think there may be a light at the end of this 'tunnel', though I can't talk about it here yet. I'll keep you posted, but whatever His plan, we are certain God has great things for us. I love this!

Ephesians 1:11-12
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

Jeremian 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harms you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!