Friday, May 14, 2010

Oh, Friday

Happy Friday, lovelies! This week I'm loving:

~It's sort of bittersweet, this one, but I had to include the whole story to get to the 'love'. Remy has reached the point where I no longer get to pick out his clothes. Oh, how I continue to try, but he won't have it! He has two or three shirts that he really loves, including one Transformers tee that I detest. I'm so not big on characters on clothing, but someone gave it to him, I hid it in the back of his closet, and he found it. (Why didn't I throw it away?!) He hasn't even seen Transformers in any form, but they look robot-like and fierce and really appeal to a crime-fighting boy, darned marketing department. He has even nick-named the shirt his tramps shirt, which is strange, but it seems to have stuck. Every time he wears it the end of the day arrives like the climax of a romance novel- Remy is heartbroken... not wanting to take it off and certainly not wanting to put it in the laundry bin. I reassure him that he will indeed see the shirt again, but it's almost as though he doesn't quite believe me. And then it happens... the moment I love- he and the shirt are reunited after it's time in the laundry, long-lost soul mates. The surprise in his voice gets me every time: "My tramps shirt is clean!" I love this boy!

~That God is faithful!  2 Timothy 2:13 says "If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself." It's who he is! Last week I told y'all that I was challenged to pray that God would increase my desire for Him, to love Him with everything that's in me and that it would grow. Well, even in a week, that's just what he is doing. I have been deep into my Bible this week, and not just reading but devouring the Word of God, and I am so excited for the things He is teaching me!

~Turtle Brownie Cookies- Y'all also know how I love a good cheat, a dessert that looks really fancy but is super easy to whip up, and I have a fantastic one for you today. After the response I got over Chocolate Cheerios, I think you chocolate-loving-kindred spirits of mine are going to be in love with this one too! It was actually on the box of the Turtle Brownies I bought, but I think it could be tweaked with several kinds of mixes. All you do is take the brownie mix, add 4 Tbsp softened butter (half a stick), and 1 egg. Mix that all together until it forms a dough and then drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Onto each dough mound, press a thumbprint into the surface. Using the included carmel packet, squeeze just a bit of carmel onto each cookie and put a pecan on top (I only had chopped pecans on hand, so I just dropped on a few bits.). Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. So good!

~HomeSpun Threads Blog~ You can see on my sidebar a link that says 'Meet Me in the Laundry Room', and I would love for you to check it out. Aimee, over at the HomeSpun Threads blog started earlier this week a 40 day challenge concentrating on creating better marriages, beginning with us as wives. You can check in every day for a challenge that builds on the previous day and is Christ-focused on becoming the wives God has called us to be. Today's only day 3, so there's plenty of time to jump in and see what God wants to do!

~Hope you have a great weekend! I am right in the middle of updating the 2 sweet things shop with several made things from this week, so be sure to check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I am trying to update my shop too...takes time! Those cookies look amazing too. My sweet tooth is calling me...he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. I just gained 10 pounds looking at those brownies. Have to have one. Or five. Yum.

    Tramps shirt, that's cute!

    Intrigued with the mentioned blog. Heading over....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out. I'll see you sometime today, right? Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!