Monday, April 11, 2011

Miscellany Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Well, it has been a super long time for this... and this is my favorite, because when nothing else works, I can always be random... Happy Monday!

1~ Newborns are hard work!  I know I have had two little ones of my own, but you really do forget how crazy it is! I am watching the sweet new baby of a friend two days a week until school is out, and she is perfection~ That sweet baby smell, those tiny little clothes, and precious first smiles. But man, I had forgotten how constant new babies are... by the end of the day I am so tired!

2~ Rueger  Well, our home has increased in number again... I may have mentioned before that Trace absolutely loves BIG dogs, and I guess Starbucks doesn't count. So yesterday we drove a little ways to bring home crazy Mr. Rueger. He's a pure bred Doberman and just a puppy at 100 pounds. Poor thing is crying constantly missing his brother, but he's awesome with the littles, and Trace is enamored. No pictures yet because he moves too fast for me to capture!

3~ Jumbo Egg-mallows Have you had these?! They're huge, vanilla-flavored, egg-shaped marshmallows, and you can have like 4 of them for 90 calories, I think. Halle and I are eating them like there's no tomorrow! (okay, maybe I'm eating more than she is, but whatever...)

4~ Pink Panther Thanks to netflix, a new crop of old cartoons have come into my house, and we are all loving it! Remy had pink eye last week and decided to stick with the 'pink' theme and start watching Pink Panther. He laughs until he cries!

5~ Training Yesterday afternoon, we had the privilege of welcoming Bill Allison from Cadre Ministries at church to do a training called 'Ministry is Relationships' with many of our team leaders and also youth student leaders. It was a great session, and if you're involved in ministry in any way (and even if you're not technically, being a Jesus-follower is ministry, right?!) you should check out his sight!

So what have you been up to? I'm linking up with Carissa, and you should stop by her site and say hello! See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. I love babies but agree they are hard work. I hope by the time I have grandchildren I can keep up with them! Congrats on the new puppy. Can't wait to see pictures. I am going to have to run out and get me some Egg-mallows! I hope your pink eye is all better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy...I'm loving your blog so much, I'm now following! :)

    And oh how we love us some Netflix! :)

    Have a great evening!

    http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems exciting, especially when the end of all your 5 points end in an exclamation point. Just by quick glance you can say, "now that family knows how to have fun!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. which store did you find the eggmellows at???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we got the marshmallows at Kroger! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!