Monday, February 9, 2009

Memory Monday

To those of you who read this just for pics of the littles (sorry grandparents!)- feel free to just skim for pictures. I have been wanting to do a little more actual blogging for a while and decided to start today. I won't be offended if you choose not to read my commentary... just maybe don't tell me. =) There will still be tons of pictures, I'm sure!




I have been feeling like God wants me to put His word more into practice, and memorizing scripture is a great way to do that.  Last week the conviction was feeling particularly strong, and on Monday I came across Joanne Heim's blog and her idea to do this. Each Monday I will post on here the verse I intend to memorize that week, and then the following Monday I will type it out by memory. I hope to be more consistent by having some accountability on here, and perhaps some of you who read this will join me. 

Last week's verse was Deuteronomy 30:14. Here goes:

'No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.'

I love what Joanne had to say this morning about the verse, that God doesn't simply want us to memorize His word for nothing but to actually obey it. I have been thinking more about this as I worked on that verse this week. I was trying to apply it specifically to my 'job' in raising Remy & Halle. With that in mind, I decided for next week I would memorize Deuteronomy 6: 5-7:

"Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

Have a great morning, and I will try to post some pictures today during nap time!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy Joanne Heim's blog...I love her advice for living simply. Something I need to improve upon!

    I love the idea of applying just one Bible verse to your life each day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!