Monday, June 1, 2009

Rambling...

I feel like I have about a million things to say today, so please bear with me. First of all, it was seven years ago today that I somehow convinced a well-established bachelor to become my husband. I know that sounds a bit odd, but if you knew Trace at all back then, it isn't too far off from the truth. I don't think he had any idea what he was getting into with crazy me! I, a girl who was never going to marry a person in ministry, married a guy who was never going to get married. Together we were never going to have kids. We have spent the last seven years doing God's work for us, which has included more ministry opportunities than we ever could have dreamed up, and we have had the two most fantastic children. Never say never to God! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, albeit completely different from me, man in my life and feel so blessed by God every day for him and our family.  Sorry the pictures aren't better, but I didn't hook up the scanner and just took pics of our framed ones. Don't we look young!?



This next picture shows what happens when I left Remy in charge for two minutes while I dried my hair. He decided that Halle 'wanted' to be covered up by books, and from the looks of it, she did! 
We also had a miss and a hit in the kitchen this weekend. I tried some chicken roll-ups with arugula and goat cheese. Trace wasn't home from a rehearsal yet, so Remy and I braved the meal together. He and I both took the required one bite and then both decided it was pretty yucky. I sent Trace a text that said something like: 'tastes like feet. please bring home food.' It was very pretty on the plate, but did not taste so good. Trace thought it was tolerable, but not delicious. 

The other meal I made was this soup with ground turkey, garbanzo beans, whole wheat pasta, and kale. It turned out to be pretty good. The flavors went well together and I will likely make it again. You win some and lose some I guess.

I am hoping to get back on the Memory Monday track later today, but for now my little princess is up from her nap so I need to run. Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary, Mandy and Tracey! Wow, 7 years!! I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary and that seems crazy to me! I can't imagine how quickly the time has probably flown by for you too, especially with your two cute wee ones keeping you on your toes. God bless and may He bring you many more years of happiness! :)

    Amy Augustine

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!