Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Brithday gifts and 2 sweet things Shop

I finally finished working on a few things for Halle's birthday. In my frustration (and everyone's it seems) with the mass amounts of plastics and foreign recalls in the toy industry, I am trying to make better choices in the things Remy and Halle play with. This is leading me more and more to simply make our own play things... especially since it's so much fun for me! I had seen sets of cloth/felt play food at a boutique shop here in Nashville, and the price tag was insane, so I decided that I would make a few things for Halle. It turns out Remy likes them as well, and he has been my quality control/durability tester for the process. He is more than happy to do some 'market research', and we have been having picnics every day.

I also decided to just jump in and do something I had wanted to do for some time, which is to open a shop on etsy to sell some of the things I make. 2 sweet things is officially open for business, and I would love for you to take a look. I plan on adding to the shop frequently, but for now there are just a few sets of play food and some of my favorite knitted/crocheted washcloths. There is a button on the sidebar that will get you there. (I'm having trouble getting captions next to the pictures, but I think you can figure out what they are... Sorry!)












































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!