Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Memory Monday

Yesterday just got away from me, and it was around 3 this morning that I realized I hadn't posted my verse for this week. Galatians is on hold for a bit, as I feel God has led me to this verse in Nahum. I hardly knew where this prophet's book was, much less what it contained. I kind of felt like a stranger treading somewhere unknown, which I don't think is such a good feeling in my Bible. Anyway, I was led to this verse through a study of God's provision. I am tired of worrying, tired of feeling like God has a plan (of this I am certain!) that he isn't letting us in on, just tired.

I woke up yesterday feeling uncertain and a little uneasy, but I started my day by saying to God that I trusted him. My whole purpose in this life is to worship and serve Him, and with this singlular goal my day seemed to play out much better than I expected. I woke up this morning and repeated the same thing, and our day has been a great one. Both kids stayed in their pjs until well after lunch. In fact, so did I because rather than workout and shower during Halle's morning nap, Remy and I built a castle in the sand and played checkers in the living room. As I have taken a break from all that pointless worrying I have been able to really see the awesome blessings right in front of me. 'But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.' (Matt. 6:33) So my verse for this week:

Nahum 1:7

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust him...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!