Thursday, July 16, 2009

Trust

I know, I know, I already posted today... but I just wanted to post a few words from my journal. It's a prayer of sorts, and a few words of truth that I'm thinking someone else may need for today. I find it comforting in the words of David, that he many times repeated the phrase 'I will trust in you'. It reminds me of the way I have to say it often throughout my day each time I get hung up in worried thoughts, frustrating toddler moments, or just quiet times when I feel forgotten. It's a choice, and one I must make many times.

Psalm 55:23c
But as for me, I trust in you.
Psalm 56:3-4a
When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust I will not be afraid.

I will trust in you. Because you have a plan for me, even though I can't see it. (Jer. 29:11) Because you are good. (Psalm 37:3, 86:5, 119:68) Because you are God. In choosing every day to trust in you, I am choosing to not place my trust in this world, in money, in comfort, in other people, in success as the world sees it. Because I can only serve one (Matt. 6:24), I will trust in you and you alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!