Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday madness: a random entry with several topics...

First some awesome news: we received a letter this week from our adopted son, Nthiani, whom we sponsor through Compassion International. We have sponsored him for more than two years now, and this month he turns five. He told us in his letter that in January he received Christ as his savior at a Compassion project in his village in Kenya. Hooray!! If you have ever considered child sponsorship, Compassion is a wonderful organization. You can make a huge difference in the life of a child! We love receiving Nthiani's letters and pictures, and we love sending him letters and pictures in return. Every night we pray for him with Remy before bed, and it is so special to hear our little guy lift up Nthiani in prayer. I'm going to add a link on the sidebar if you're interested.

I know it's Memory Monday, too, and I must be honest: I am way behind on the verse from Proverbs. I am really going to try to do it for next week. I know that it's one I need.

Proverbs 16:9

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Here are a few more random pictures from our trip to OK. My sister has some other great ones on her blog, if you want to check them out. I will try to get some more on Flickr soon, but as for the blog, I'm moving on...

These dolls (and matching dress) were made for Halle by my terribly crafty mother for her first birthday, which we celebrated on August 1st. She got the pattern from here after I saw them and fell in love with them. There names are Olive and Archie, and Halle loves them nearly as much as I do, I think! They have been carted everywhere in her new doll stroller and are given wet, slobbery kisses regularly.

I can't believe that it's been a year already since Halle was born. She is such a sweet little firecracker, and we are so lucky to have her in our lives.


On Saturday we had a few friends over to commemorate her birthday. At first she was a little tentative with the cake, but once she realized we weren't going to fuss at her for getting messy, she dug right in. Like her mother, she couldn't get enough buttercream!



I have been getting a lot done at my sewing machine in the last week, and I am hoping that by tomorrow I will have a bunch of things to put into my etsy shop. I was also thinking about having my first little blog giveaway- does that interest anyone? Please check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!