Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Love

Happy Friday! It was a big morning in our house as I took Remy to his first day of school. We packed up his cool new lunch box together and off we went. He was a little nervous on the way, asking me a zillion questions about the ins and outs, but once we got there he just marched into his classroom without so much as a wave goodbye. His teacher asked him if he needed hugs and kisses and he said 'No, I'll see her later.'. Well! I was even proud of myself- I made it to the car before I shed a little tear as I prayed for him and his teachers. I am so excited to hear what he has to say on the way home this afternoon!

So, on with the love... Today I'm loving:

~This sweet boy:


~Some girl time. Halle and I spent the morning running around to several fabric stores and now she's fed and sleeping peacefully. She is always more chatty when Remy isn't around to talk over her =) so we had lots of good 'girl talk'. I let her touch all the fabric (you're welcome, retailers!) and jabber to all the sales associates. She is very social, which seems the opposite of Rem at this age. What fun!

~1 Thessalonians 4:11-12: "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody." This verse popped into my mind the other day as I was cleaning the kitchen. I know I've blogged about it before, that sometimes the daily things just seem so mundane. I am really trying to think about things in terms of 'what if Jesus were to see you at each moment?'. My only objective in this life is to live a life that glorifies the Almighty God at each second.

~Hearing the washer finish a washing a load of new fabric! It's off to the washer and then I can try out a few new patterns. Halle picked some great cotton prints that will be in my shop soon!

~This quote by Phillips Brooks: "Bad will it be for every man when he becomes absolutely content with the life that he is living, with the thoughts that he is thinking, with the deeds that he is doing, when there is not forever beating at the doors of his soul some great desire to do something larger, which he knows that he was meant and made to do because he is still, in spite of it all, the child of God." This sort of ties in with the feelings I was having in the paragraph above, I think. Some days I am really restless to do more, be more, go further... and I am a bit envious of people who seem to be content just living. While I think there is a balance, I also think that some of my personal restlessness is such a gift from God because I'm always finding new ways to follow him. Living to glorify him does not allow for me to settle for moments that are less than they should be. Does that even make sense? I need some coffee...

Well, I'm off to enjoy some of the quiet around here. I'm sure I will post soon with the wonderful details of Remy's first day- I know you can't wait! Oh, and the frogs are still going strong. We are down to one snail because Charlie & Lola decided to eat the other one... a little escargot, I guess! Have a lovely long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!