Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Love

It has been a wonderful full week! Yesterday Trace had the day off, so we decided to take advantage and go for a picnic at the park close to our apartment. The kids had a great time playing with daddy, and of course, eating outside. The hardest part was getting Remy to slow down enough to eat... Halle didn't have that problem, and as usual for her, eating came first. I was also able to get quite a bit of sewing done with Tracey home, so it worked out well for everyone. Now onto the love:

Today I'm loving:

~these wee ones, of course! These pictures were all taken at the park before Halle got an enormous bruise on her forehead.





~This blog. The delightful Holly over at Her Southern Heart was kind enough to do a feature today on 2 sweet things. I hope you'll go on over and check it out! It's awesome to get some love from one southern girl to another. =) (I'm a transplant, but I think it's okay to claim that!)

~Psalm 18:2-3 'The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. Her is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.' I love verses that talk about God as fortress. It always brings to my mind imagery of the 'Fortress of Solitude' from Superman. (Those of you who know me know that I have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Smallville... so bear with me.) Especially on today when the country sort of pauses to remember what happened 8 years ago, I think it is wonderful to remember that God is our protector and fortress, the place in which we can hide.

~These new items that will be in my shop this afternoon. Here's a sneak peek at some of my holiday gift sets.





Oh, and it's not really something I love just yet, but I have set up a Facebook Fan Page if you're interested in the goings on at 2 sweet things. I would love for you to be a fan! It is very much a work in progress right now, but once I get my holiday things listed I plan on doing some special offers for fans, so sign up here!

Happy Friday! I'd better get off this blog and get some things done around the apartment before sweet thing #2 wakes up and we have to go pick up #1 from preschool.

2 comments:

  1. oh I love the little shoes makes me want a little one and your little doll standing on the bottom of the slide was just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, this is sooo adorable!! What cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!