Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday Wish List

Today's wish list is more philosophical in nature. I've been thinking... Halle has recently learned names: mine (Mommeeee), Trace's (Daddeeee), Remy (Memmeeee), and her own (Halleeeee). I was thinking about this and love that it's like suddenly she knows who she is. And yesterday I sat in their room at nap time as they slept for about 20 minutes just looking at those sleeping angels with those killer long eye lashes, and I thought 'What more could I wish for?' Then the weight of mommy-responsibility flooded over me, and I thought this is it: my primary job in all this is to ensure that they truly know who they are- Beloved children of God and loved by me & Trace. And we try to convince Remy in a world of must-haves and toy catalogues that it's enough. It is enough. That's my wish for today.

1 John 3:1 says "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

On another note, this weekend the kids and I are headed to Indiana, so I'll be away from this lovely blog for a few days. On Saturday I will be having a table at the Wawasee Middle School PTO Holiday Craft Bazaar~ I'd love to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet your daughter is learning names. When my daughter was little she thought her name was "You" because that is what we called her, as in "Are you ready to play outside", etc. She is in high school now - time flies!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!