Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good morning! Things are calming down here a little, and after a trip to the doctor and the er yesterday both kiddos seem to be getting over this nasty rotavirus stuff. If you haven't had any experience with it, consider yourself among the lucky. Take it from me, it is disgusting!!! Thanks to those of you who have been praying for us in the transition- 2010 came on like a freight train, but it is starting to regain a little 'normal'.

Boxes are slowly being unpacked and our house is starting to feel like home. It is funny, though, because we have so much more space here than in our old apartment, so several of the rooms feel rather empty. I'm sure in time we will expand into them... I take after my mother (I say that often, don't I!?) and tend to accumulate things from origins I can't identify.

I wanted to take some time this year, and at the end of last year really, to focus on why I do this (blog, create, 2 sweet things shop, etc). I don't want this space to become a chore or 'just another mommy blog'. Tara from scoutie girl has written a great e-book entitled '52 Weeks of Blogging your Passion', and I am working my way through it. I think it's awesome to have started it at the beginning of the year, especially when this whole life is a fresh start for me in many ways: new year, new home, Trace's new job. Week One is all about defining your mission, and I had every intention of getting to that in this post, but as I type I realize that I'm just not ready. So, I hope to have my formal mission statement ready tomorrow (it's still week one, right!?). I really see great things for 2 sweet things this year, and I hope you'll come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!