Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Love and Farewell

Happy Friday, y'all! It's been another busy week around here, though I can't really think of many specifics that happened. Does that happen to anyone but me? I feel terribly busy but then can't account for much? I can, however, think of a zillion sweet moments, and those must add up! Today I'm loving:

~My little swimmer. We wrapped up Remy's swim lessons, and on Thursday to celebrate, his class got to play in the water park splash pad area. (The lessons at our gym are actually in the water park pool area.) He had a great time, and we can't wait to take Halle back to share in the splashing fun!

~How God takes care of us. I have mentioned our summer missions trip to Nashville a few times, and I know that Monday I mentioned that we are camping. Well, our awesome friends in Nashville kept calling church after church to try and find somewhere for us to stay, and an awesome church said they would be thrilled to have us. So we will indeed have showers and a roof over our heads. Not that I couldn't survive camping, but after seeing that the 10 Day Forecast for Nashville included thunderstorms every single day, I was more than nervous. God is so good!

This is my farewell post until we get back. (Sounds dramatic, right?!) We leave on Monday and will get back the following Sunday. I would appreciate your prayers for our team of 5 adults and 10 teenagers. We will be working with several ministries to help flood victims and feeding the homeless once or twice a day. Please pray that this would be an eye-opening time for our students (and leaders!) to see how blessed we are and that God can work through them in a mighty way to help these amazing friends of ours. Also, you can pray that I don't drive everyone crazy missing my sweet babies! This will be the longest I've ever been away from them, and I can hardly stand thinking about it!

Have a wonderful weekend~ Can't wait to tell you all about our trip!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time! :) I hope you get to be a part of some really amazing things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and safe travels to you and prayers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a fun time at the water park! I look forward to doing something like that with my little guys someday soon.
    Have a great time on your missions trip!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!