Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Child of God

Hi, sweet things! If you knew how many posts I have in the 'drafts' stage, you would die. But I feel like each time I try to crank a post out, I have felt that God just wants me to be still. To soak in His word. And to be taught. So while it's quiet on this page, there is so much going on in my heart that I can't even begin to tell you.

I've been trying to get my mind and my pen to work together to come up with some things to say about my trip to Florida, but it's been slow going. (And yes, I do actually write everything down with an actual pen in a journal before it goes online... I'm old school like that!) I want to honor God and the miraculous things he allows me to witness, and choosing my words thoughtfully and carefully is a necessity. I owe him that.

But as Father's Day came and went last Sunday, I have been constantly singing a particular song. It's by Kathryn Scott, I think, and we used to sing this one in the days before Trace and I got married... its words never cease to bring me to my knees. I take such comfort in the love of God as my Father and am beginning to see that its in learning to receive his love as my Father that I am better able to love those around me. Don't we so often put unreal expectations on the ones around us? Once I lay my expectations in the only hands big enough to hold them, I am much less likely to be disappointed by the humans I dearly love on this earth. Anyway...

Child of God
With every breath, with every thought
 From what is seen, to the deepest part
I offer all that I've come to be
To know your love, fathering me


Father, you're all I need
My soul's sufficiency
My strength when I am weak
The love that carries me
Your arms enfold me,
Til I am only a child of God


With every step on this journey's walk
And wisdom's songs that my soul has sought
I give myself unreservedly 
To know your love, fathering me


Father, you're all I need
My soul's sufficiency
My strength when I am weak
The love that carries me
Your arms enfold me,
Til I am only a child of God


Thanks, friends, for being patient in my quiet here. I just feel like God is requiring my to be a good steward of my time. And if he says to bathe in his word, I want to do that. So know that I am learning and writing tons of things that I think he'll bring out on these pages... just not now, not yet. Love you bunches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!