Thursday, October 20, 2011

Third Thursday Thoughts~ Remember the time?



Well, the Hearts at Home Blog Hop is back in action today, and the prompt for this month was 'Tell us about a time at the playground when that thing happened...' My minds went to several incidents from my childhood, but I decided that it was better to not rehash those. So I tracked a bit more into recent past and my time as a mom.

I can remember one gorgeous day in Nashville when, feeling ambitious and stir crazy all at once, I decided to take my newborn baby girl and 2 1/2 year old little dude to the playground down the street. Remy was itching to just get out of the house and run. We had a great time playing~ the drama came when it was time to go (isn't that always the case?!). I gave Remy a 5 minute warning to wrap up whatever he was involved in. The minutes wound down, and I told Remy that it was time.

At this point I'm carrying Halle in the Baby Bjorn front-carrier, and she was sweetly snoozing. I started to walk towards Remy, and he begins to scream bloody murder. 'NOOOOO!' I reached out my hand to grab his and he screams 'YOU ARE NOT MY MOMMY!'. Thankfully this particular playground was not very busy, and the few other moms who were there knew I wasn't kidnapping this child. But I was nonetheless mortified.

Halle begins to stir, and I knew that she was going to need to be nursed soon. So I lean in and grab Remy, who begins to gag himself. 'I will puke!' he yells as I take his hand and start to pull him to the car. He goes limp at this point and lets his body drag along the ground. I have never felt so humiliated. I look like a crazy, post-partum mess, kidnapping a sick noodle boy from the playground.

Thankfully I was able to get him into the car, though not yet in his carseat. I simply closed the door and walked around to put Halle in her seat first. I strapped her in and made my way again to Remy's side, where he had curled into a firm, sobbing ball on the floor. It seriously took every muscle I had to unfold him and get his buckles secured~ how are they so strong?!

So yeah, that was my finest playground moment... What's yours? I would love for you to link up and check out the other Hearts Bloggers that are 'hopping' along today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!