Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday.

My heart is confident, God, my heart is confident.
I will sing; I will sing praises.
Wake up, my soul! Wake up, harp and lyre!
I will wake up the dawn.
I will praise You, Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You among the nations.
For your faithful love is as high as the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches the clouds.
God, be exalted above the heavens;
let Your glory be over the whole earth.
Psalm 57: 7-11(HCSB)

I woke up with this in mind this morning. Confident of Him. And thankful for this quiet. This is my view this morning as I sit listening. It's such an amazing thing, being up before the world. I love resting still before Him, hearing, reading, just breathing. And then there is something so magical about hearing the house come alive... stretches and snuggles... coffee hissing. Life.

I've been reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp, and this book has been transformational for me. Learning to count the graces, eucharisteo (giving thanks) in all things, through her amazing words, God has been opening my eyes to really see. Much like noticing the world opening up before a new day, seeing Him and finding ways to give thanks in every moment has been such a lesson for me. Ann calls it 'thanks-living'... Love that!

So I'm being thankful as I wait for my sweet ones to rise. We have a busy weekend ahead, but I'm not so worried about it. This is sweet testimony to what God is already doing in this heart, this head, and this home He's given us... Every packed moment for minstry holds a sweet promise for seeing someone. For seeing Him across the table. Begging that I have eyes to slow down and truly see. And praying that this weekend you might see His face at your table as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!