Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today

Some days I can't remember what day it is. But I'm thankful He knows.

Some days I brew too many cups of coffee.

Some days I let the dishes pile up in favor of playing Polly Pockets with my girl.

Some days I choose the dishes and feel guilty about it after bedtime.

Some days I wake up early and listen to God.

Some days I talk his ear off.

Some days I go to bed early.

Some days I stay up way to late watching a certain show about vampires.

Some days I have an awesome quiet time, hear from God, and still mess up with my family before 9am. That was my today. Not one of my shining moments. So I have to ask forgiveness from all, and no one was even out the door yet. This is tough. And I keep repeating eucharisteo. Giving thanks will be my stress management tool. Thanks for the reluctant little arms to put into mittens. Thanks for the coat to keep her warm. "Eucharisteo always precedes the miracle." And it's true.

This is thriving (remember my word for the year). Not that I won't screw up, because I will. But the thriving, the making steady progress is in my immediately calling my sin for what it is, turning from it, and correcting my behavior. That I am thankful for the callouses that will even more daily build on these knees of mine. Growing well is burying my face in the dirt. Because it is beneath the surface that the Water lies. Drawing deep from the Well.

"But whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again- ever! In fact, the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up within him for eternal life." John 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!