Monday, February 6, 2012

To begin the week...

"Ordinary work, which is what most of us do most of the time, is ordained by God every bit as much as is the extraordinary. All work done for God is spiritual work and therefore not merely a duty but a holy privilege."~ Elisabeth Elliot

Happy Monday, sweet things! I'm reading "The Shaping of a Christian Family" and came across the above quote in a chapter. It struck me deeply this morning, as I have a pukey baby girl... this interupts my normal Monday catching up, but I found myself feeling deeply grateful for this life I have. Yes, I have more beds to strip and wash (she seems to want to travel and snuggle all over the house today!), and yes, there isn't the same pattern of doing that I normally have, but I get the high and holy calling of being her mom. Of keeping this home. Of being a part of loving and shaping this family. Even the grand task of laundry becomes service. And I am called to be Jesus.

Colossians 3:17 says "And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!