Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rescued


We survived night one of puppy-training. Perhaps barely, but survived nonetheless. Much coffee will do a world of good today, but overall we are finding Starbucks to be a good little guy.

My hands-down favorite part of yesterday was hearing Remy tell Starbucks that he didn't need to be sad because he 'wasn't homeless anymore'. My eyes tear up just typing it. I can't help but look at the situation through 'Christ-colored lenses' and see the direct correlation to my life. Rescued. It has such huge implications, that word. Ephesians 5:8 says 'For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God...' I saw our new puppy cuddled up on the couch, looking so content, and I caught myself just wondering what was running through his mind. We aren't sure how long he was in the shelter system, but he's only 14 months old. He'd been at the shelter where we found him since November and was nearly euthanized in the shelter previous to that, so we're assuming that it's been most of his life. Can you imagine what this first day of snuggling on the couch and being loved on by 4 people, petted by 8 eager hands, has been like?!



I can only hope that at the end of the day I am so thankful towards my Master, grateful for the gift of this life in Him. I found this in my Bible and thought it fit perfectly with today:

"While I was a sinner, lost and hopeless, without purpose or value, You saved me. I did nothing to earn this salvation. It was only by Your power and for Your pleasure that You saved me. You crafted my into a new creation full of divine purpose and value, I have been transformed from death to life, from hopelessness to purposefulness, from ashes to beauty, and all by the power and prerogative of Your grace. What can I do in response but to thank You for living in me and to seek with all my heart to live in You?"

Happy Thursday!


1 comment:

  1. My parents took in a stray dog when I was a teenager and spoiled her constantly. A cousin told me, "If I'm reincarnated, I want to come back as a stray dog at their house."

    I think Starbucks would say he's found heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!