Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Making...

Happy Tuesday! (I can say that now that I got a new coffee maker!) Today is our 8th Anniversary, so we celebrated by driving in my delightful new van (my gift!) to the gym... big times at our house! =) 

I have been on a sewing binge for my girl. This weekend I made her two different dresses and a new swing-type top. One dress and the top are already in the wash, so that's another post for another day, I guess.

I had forgotten how much I love these simple, smocked dresses until I saw this post on SouleMama last week. I made one in shirt form for Halle last year and loved it so much! I had this great fabric just sitting around and decided to whip one up. I tweaked the idea just a bit by doing a halter style. It sewed up in just an hour or so and will work equally well as a tunic later on~ love that!

I do have a bit more of the fabric, enough for one in the same size (about 18 months to 3T)... just email me if you'd like to order it! I'm not listing as much stuff  in the 2 sweet things shop with summer upon us, but I would love to set up a custom listing!

Also, as promised, here are a few pics of some of the winter items I chopped for summer play clothes. I took them at night, so the lighting kind of stinks, but you get the idea. I mess with the lengths a lot to give some elbow sleeves, some 3/4, some caps, and some of the leggings become capris or shorts... I use a tight zigzag on the hem to make a sort of lettuce edge (isn't that what it's called?!), which I think makes them a bit more girly.



3 comments:

  1. happy 8th anniversary!!! your celebration sounds a lot like ours! ; )

    the dress is adorable! i love what you did with the jammies! i will remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dress! My mom used to smock and sew dresses for my sister and I when we were little..I can't wait to do the same for my own little ones one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! So glad you got a new coffee maker, too. ;)

    Okay, so you know I'D be the one to ask.... how much for the smock dress?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!