Monday, May 9, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Happy Monday!! Linking up again for the randomness over on Carissa's blog... click the button and take a look!

~1~ Remy's school had their annual 'Mother's Special Day' program on Friday, and it was just as sweet as last year. Though, also the same as last year, when it came time to act out the nursery rhymes, my little shy guy chickened out. Not sure where he gets that from, but he just doesn't seem to like the spotlight like his mom & dad. But he shines regardless to me! Here he is serving me cookies and juice:
~2~ The weather is finally getting nicer, which means we spend lots more time outside. This also means I spend twice as much time sweeping and mopping the kitchen, but I'll gladly do that to have the fresh air and worn out little ones! I am amazed at how much time the littles spend treasure hunting, 'training' the dogs, and building things.
~3~ I've been using my pioneer coffee pot, and I have to tell you, I love it. It cracks me up every time, but something about not using the electricity and the way the coffee tastes is extremely gratifying. (Okay, I admit I am a HUGE dork...) Trace still refuses to drink anything I make from it, and I think he's going to borrow a pot from the church for our small group tonight. I suppose it would take six years to make coffee that way for our group... But I have no intentions of spending anything on a new coffee maker for a while.

~4~ Jello-palooza was last night at our youth ministry. Going into it, I had no idea what Trace had come up with, but I knew enough to put on old clothes. The games went from a relay in which you sifted through a giant bowl of gelatin with your feet to find pieces of candy to speed eating. The finale consisted of liquid gelatin being poured into a length of plastic tubing. One person stood at each end, and when the 'referee' said Go!, each contestant blew as hard as he/she could trying not to get the gelatin in their face. Disgusting, right?! Kind of like tug-of-war, but with jello and blowing... I'm not sure where my darling husband comes up with this stuff. It turns out that all my days singing have well equipped me for a game involving hot air, and I actually won this one. So happy!

So what did you do this weekend? Hope you have a great day, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!