Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fixed

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

This verse popped into my head today as I was praying. I opened my Bible to this worn page, and I got stuck on 'light and momentary'. I choked on it almost. Sometimes my problems don't feel light or momentary. They are heavy. And hard. And seem to last. It's hard to swallow, but the problems of this world are things that are helping to carve us into who God wants us to be. And they don't go on forever. In light of eternity, they are just blips on the radar screen. But they matter, don't they?! And as tears welled up in my eyes and I found myself asking God to change the circumstances that brought me to my knees today, I heard His voice echo the thoughts of Paul~ "Fix your eyes on me." 


Praying today for eyes that are able to hold steady on Him. Feeling a bit rocked, but sure that His promises are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!