Monday, February 13, 2012

Miscellany Monday Love

Things that make me happy today...


~Hearing my sweet things reciting Bible verses. We have wanted to start memorizing verses as a family, so I recently had the world's simplest DIY moment: A friend had a poster frame that she wasn't using, so I put some fabric behind the plastic, sponge painted the frame, and VOILA! Easy breezy dry erase board. I put it on the wall above our buffet so that it is in a prime viewing spot at dinner. I wrote our verse on the top (we started with Deuteronomy 6:5 and this week added Colossians 3:20) and I also made a spot for writing prayer requests. I am in awe of how these little ones have the capacity to remember things, so why not fill their minds with goodness? Yesterday when I commented that they were being very good listeners, Remy was quick to say that they are 'rememberizing' the things that we are teaching them. Love that!


~ Valentine's Day preparations! Class parties for both littles tomorrow, so we've been busy planning and making. I am dying at how Remy's class Valentine's turned out. I found the guitar printable on Pinterest but cannot for the life of me find it now that I saved it...


~Bittersweet birthday planning... Remy turns 6 next week. 6! I can't believe it, it sounds so old. But I do love planning a good cake, so I'm excited to see how his turns out this week. You know I'll keep you posted on that- I'm trying something I haven't done before, as we've been watching tons of Cake Boss on netflix, so I've been inspired!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!