Friday, February 10, 2012

Sweet Treats

Happy Friday, sweet things! I wanted to pop in and share with you a quick and easy Valentine treat that Halle and I whipped up yesterday. We had to run into the grocery store and she saw the prepackaged Fruity Pebble Treat squares. I couldn't believe how much 8 in a box cost, so of course I just grabbed a bag of the generic cereal and knew that we could make them at home. Once we got home I decided they need a little dressing up, so here is what we did:



We made the cereal treats just like you typically would (10 oz. marshmallows, 3 Tbsp butter and about 6 cups of cereal. We go a little less on the cereal because we are fans of gooey...). We left them in the pan to cool for a bit. Once cool, I turned them out onto the counter and rolled them just a bit thinner with my rolling pin and used heart shaped cutters. The nice thing about the treats is that you can take the scraps and reroll them. The cereal gets a little beat up, but it doesn't effect the taste at all.

Once they were all cut up, I dipped half in some melted white chocolate bark left over from my holiday peppermint bark binge. We laid them out on parchment and sprinkled the chocolate with sugar, nonpareils, and cereal.

To package for our friends, we stacked three hearts to a pop stick and dropped them into a sweet little Valentine goody bag. We had a great time delivering them out and about to our friends today! Easy and so cute!

Hope y'all have a great weekend full of people and things you love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!