Friday, March 9, 2012

Better Writer Day 4~ Sense of Tense

#BetterWriter

Today's challenge is to write one piece and change it to become each of the three tenses: past, present, and future. I am really enjoying these exercises, as much because it is getting me into the habit of writing each day as I am the actual things I'm writing.

Past: Yesterday's morning routine was much like it is every day. I got up around 5, which has been a habit I've been loving for the last few months. I didn't use my alarm, but rather felt this great nudging from God, and it was at the exact same time, to the minute, as it is most mornings. I loved this date with God! I prayed and studied for about 90 minutes, until I heard my sweet Remy's footsteps padding on the stairway. He came down for snuggle time, and we talked about the things I was praying about and what his day ahead looked like. These moments were precious to me, as I found a certain ease in his way. He was willing to talk, and I was more than willing to hear random six year old thoughts. Behind the sleepy eyes and wild bed-head was a mind that began working from the second it awakened. God entrusted me with such abundant blessings, and I was thankful He made me a morning person to enjoy them!


Present: Our morning routine remains much the same on each weekday. I get up around 5, which has been a habit I've been loving for the last few months. I don't use an alarm, but rather feel this great nudging from God, and it is almost always at the exact same time, to the minute. I love this date with God! I pray and study for about 90 minutes, until I hear my sweet Remy's footsteps padding on the stairway. He comes down for snuggle time, and we talk about the things I pray about and what his day ahead looks like. These moments are precious to me, as I find a certain ease in his way. He's willing to talk, and I'm more than willing to hear random six year old thoughts. Behind the sleepy eyes and wild bed-head is a mind that begins working from the second it awakens. God has entrusted me with such abundant blessings, and I'm thankful He made me a morning person to enjoy them!


Future: Our morning routine will remain much the same each weekday next week. I will get up around 5, which is a habit I've been loving for the last few months. I won't even use an alarm, but rather feel this great nudging from God, and it will be almost always at the exact same time, to the minute. I love this date with God! I'll pray and study for about 90 minutes, until I hear my sweet Remy's footsteps padding on the stairway. He will come down for snuggle time, and we will talk about the things I pray about and what his day ahead will be. These moments will be precious to me, as I'll find a certain ease in his way. He'll be willing to talk, and I'll be more than willing to hear random six year old thoughts. Behind the sleepy eyes and wild bed-head will be a mind that begins working from the second it awakens. God has entrusted me with such abundant blessings, and each day I'll be thankful He made me a morning person to enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!