Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Better Writing Day 2~ a paragraph

#BetterWriter

Well, today's challenge is simply to write a paragraph or post. The idea is that the first draft isn't something that is supposed to be perfect, or it wouldn't be called a draft. So this paragraph will be reworked as we go further into the 31 days. I had a hard time thinking of what to write that I hadn't written before. Do I tell a story? Share some random thoughts? But here goes... I decided to pull some thoughts from my journal- definitely rough!

Psalm 37:3-4 "Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires." My Bible says that 'live securely' can also be translated 'cultivate faithfulness'. Isn't that interesting? This is such a rich verse, in light of that... cultivating makes me think of gardening... to work the land, patiently turning, waiting, getting it ready to grow things, then planting and waiting again. And therein lies the faithfulness... in the waiting, staying. Dwell in the land. Abide in Him and desire the things of the Lord. I find pleasure in Him and suddenly the things my heart craves are exactly the things that He pours out on my life with great abundance. It's an amazing cycle! So the question becomes: What am I cultivating? What kind of soil am I stirring up? As I look at my days, more and more are the things God desires aligning with the desires in my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!