Thursday, March 15, 2012

If I could...


Happy Third Thursday! The Hearts at Home bloggers are linking up again after a break in February. The Hearts at Home conference is this Friday and Saturday, and I'm so excited to be heading to it! I always come home feeling so thankful to have girl time with my friends, time to be encouraged as a mom, and equipped by the speakers and workshops. This ministry has been such a blessing in my life!

The topic for this month is 'If you could have any super power related to being a mom, what would it be and why? We talk A LOT in this house about super powers. Trace and I are pretty into it ourselves, after all, both our littles' names were either straight out of a comic book or inspired by one! But also having a 6 year old boy and his partner-in-crime sister around this place give us more than our share of super-ability talk.

I have a hard time narrowing it down, but I think if I have to pick one ability that would most impact my mothering it would be super speed. Not the most original power, but it certainly would help me get things done around here! I would love to be able to zoom around like The Flash and clean up rooms, do laundry and make dinner... all without breaking a sweat! Then I would have hours to lazily lie around and check out pinterest. (Although it's not really like I don't spend enough time on there as it is...) And wouldn't it be great to be able to just run to the store like Superman and be back in a matter of minutes? The only thing that makes me nervous is that I wonder if spandex is a requirement of the Hero job... not sure I could wholeheartedly go along with that for anything!

So what would your chosen ability be? Any powers you wouldn't want? I don't think I would want super hearing or xray vision... there are just some things you can't erase, and I think those would be dangerous!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!