Friday, March 16, 2012

A New Recipe and a Happy Weekend!

Happy Friday, sweet things! I wanted to share a new recipe with y'all. We happened to have carrots around, and I absolutely love carrot cake. But not wanting to indulge too much, I wanted to come up with a (slightly) healthier option for breakfast and snacking. So I messed around in the kitchen and came up with this muffin. I was thrilled with the results!

Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Glaze

~Muffins~
Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup oats

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, powder and oats and set aside. In large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in egg. Add milk. Add dry ingredients. Fold in carrots and nuts, if desired. Pour into 12 greased or lined muffin tins. Bake about 20 minutes or until centers are set.

~Cream Cheese Glaze~

Ingredients:
2 oz. softened cream cheese
1 Tbsp softened butter
1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
milk

Mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in powdered sugar. Then slowly add milk, one tablespoon at a time to desired consistency. I wanted this to be more of a glaze than a frosting to save on calories, so I used a bit more milk. Once the muffins were cool I drizzled this over them.

Soooo good! I would love to know if you try this and what you think! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!