Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Psst... You're Already Amazing. {a review}


Do you ever feel like you aren't enough? (I do.) Do you ever feel forgotten? unseen? tired? (I do.) So when I heard about Holley Gerth's new book, 'You're Already Amazing', I jumped at the chance to read it. But I wasn't convinced that I would agree with her- I have a lot of days when I'm pretty sure I'm not that amazing.

Holley's words from the introduction to the last page make you feel like you really are sitting down with your sweetest girlfriend for coffee. And she whispers the words that Jesus wants you to hear. To soak in. To believe deep in your core. For months now I have been on a journey into confidence in Him. I've been on a long, winding, and ever-rewarding road to discover that the Father truly loves me madly and actually believe it. And this book speaks wisdom right from the pages of God's Word and aims it right at your heart with an arrow that pierces. This is a book about hearing God, finding Him on the path that you're already on, and discerning the way the path is leading you tomorrow.


This book digs in deep and helps you find real ways to discover what God might be calling you to do next. In reading it, I didn't feel like it was Holley just offering her prescription... I've read a lot of those books, and I don't need someone telling me what they think I should do with my life.

I need God.

She asked a lot of open-ended questions that forced me to do my own digging. I like that. I need to discover the way that God created me to live in love, not the way someone else thinks I should... because we aren't one-size-fits-all. She says, "It's about aligning our lives with love in the way God created us to do". Truth.

The take-aways from this book are many. Holley's book is a challenge to give up striving and to soak in the fact that you are loved deep because of Who God is, not because of anything you can do. Holley offers a ton of encouragement that spoke to this girl's heart on many levels. I walked away from each chapter with a great sense of security in Who's I am and who God created me to be! I think y'all will love it! And if you want a great online community to read it along with, the (in)courage Bloom book club has chosen this book for their next selection!



Also partnering with Dayspring, Holley has an awesome collection that echoes the message from the book. As soon as I opened the box with this adorable canvas wrapped block and journal, I was smitten.

I am a girl who LOVES a new journal.

And this journal is a great one. One of my favorite quotes from the book is on the cover~ "She didn't have to be perfect because she was perfectly loved." I love that this journal will be a consistent reminder of that. The pages are also strewn with scripture that repeat the same message. Truth. The 'Dare to Dream' block has earned a sweet place on top of my bookshelf where I will see it often... because we all need to be reminded, don't we?!

I'm praying for you today, my lovelies! That you would know how much He truly loves you and wants you to just soak in that love. You are amazing. And you don't have to do anything but be who He made you to be.

The fine print: Dayspring sent me a copy of 'You're Already Amazing' and the Dream block and journal to read and review. The opinions voiced are expressly my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say~ Thanks for leaving your mark!